Wednesday 24 February 2016

The Midlife Crisis - The beginning....

The midlife crisis came to life as I sat thinking about all the challenges I would ‘like’ to do but would never have time or fitness to ever do any or all of them. 
It is basically a bucket list rolled into one challenging 22 months, under the umbrella ‘The midlife crisis’.
As my 40th birthday looms large it made me think about age and how long my body will let me keep doing this stupidity so decided to get them all in before my life beings…….also as the 10th 'anniversary' approaches of the sad passing of my Dad after his long and heroic battle with cancer it has made me think about why I started with Kilimanjaro and the fundraising. That episode in my life made me realise that nothing is guaranteed and waiting for the 'right moment' in life may not be an option as it may never happen. Life is about achievements, no matter how big or small, things that you can look back on and smile and say, you know what I did that and I'm proud of what I achieved.........one thing has stuck with me whilst watching Emily, my good friends Grieg and Lou's little girl as she battled Leukaemia, one day Lou posted on Facebook that Emily was happy as she could manage to play out for all 3 playtimes after months.......after all the treatment and everything she had been through it was the simple pleasure of being outside, and playing with her friends that meant the most to her........this for me is a step back to childhood....being with good friends, running and cycling hitting challenges head on with childlike excitement and fun and a lack of fear which comes with adulthood!
It is also a chance to give something back to those charities which have played a major part in mine, my families and some special friends lives. It is mainly with sadness I look back on these times and anything in the future cannot compare to the sadness and loss that has been, yet these events have shaped my life in ways I would never have imagined up to 2005. I have experienced some amazing challenges, seen parts of the World and Britain I may never have experienced and met some of the most fantastic and supportive friends I could ever wish to meet. 
So I have been waffling on but still not got anywhere near explaining what exactly the midlife crisis really is! So for those of you who are still reading, here goes……
……as I mentioned earlier the midlife crisis is a bucket list of challenges that I have wanted to complete (hopefully with the usual support and enthusiasm of my friends!!!), it will also contain ‘smaller’ challenges for those people who have for years asked me to do a challenge they and children can join in with…..
So what is included:
Jan 2017 – The Spine Challenger
July 2017 – Ironman UK
August 2017 – Mont Blanc
Sept 2017 – East Lancs Ramble
June 2018 -Way of the roses coast to coast cycle
July – Lakeland 100
Sept 2018 – JoG2LE triathlon
Nov 2018 – New York Marathon…..followed by big birthday celebrations 
*Please note this is a provisional plan.

Followed by a 40th birthday dinner dance with donations to the charities or challenge costs instead of birthday presents! - Saturday 15th December
Follow at:
Twitter @madness4charity
Facebook madness4charity
Charities that will be supported include:
Click on the logo for more information for each charity....

http://www.rosemere.org.uk/ https://www.action.org.uk/
www.derianhouse.co.uk
http://www.c-r-y.org.uk/
http://www.rmhc.org.uk/our-houses/manchester/
http://www.cvsrt.org.uk/http://www.bowlandpenninemrt.org.uk/
http://www.supershoes.org.uk/





    No comments:

    Post a Comment